In terms of their main characteristics, X-Rings are the same as O-Rings. X-Rings are suitable for axial / radial applications as well as radially dynamic seals. Lubricant gathers between the lips of the seal, which is desirabel for dynamic use. Depending on the material used, they can also suitable for a wide range of temperatures, just like O-Rings. Generally speaking, X-Rings are placed into the same grooves as standard O-Rings. They can be used as an inward or outward-facing seal and to combat changing pressure direction. The X-Rings effectiveness as a seal is due to its compressed cross section.
The advantages of X-Rings include:
- X-Rings require less deforming force to achieve the same sealing effect
- the four lips of an X-Ring's seal achieve a higher-quality seal as the compression is better distributed. At the same time, they also form a lubrication groove, which reduces wear and tear.
- another major advantage of X-rings is their inherent stability. In dynamic applications (piston seals, rod seals) where an O-Ring rolls in the groove and is therefore exposed to torsion, an X-Ring will only shift.
- X-rings are easily to fit and require little space for installation
- genearlly speaking, X-Rings are moulded
As an X-Ring manufacturer, we offer many types of material. For example, we deliver parts made of NBR, HNBR, EPDM, Aflas(R), Silicone, Fluorsilicone and FKM
Reference: ID > 2.90, C/S > 1.78 mm is available
Fax +41 44 942 47 54 firstname.lastname@example.org